Save Time. Save Money. See A Doctor From Home For JUST $20
It's not a deal. It's not a promotion. It's not a dream. This is reality. See a doctor online, right now, wherever you are in Singapore, for just $20.
Thanks to technological advancements, healthcare is becoming, and will become, cheaper and cheaper. In the long run, the more people that use our platform, or telemedicine services in general, the more affordable healthcare services can become. We’re working to democratize healthcare, because everyone has the right to a healthy and happy life. With your participation, we can make this vision a reality.
How does technology make healthcare more affordable?
Digital healthcare services, like those offered by RingMD, enable cost savings in two main ways: the reduction of overhead costs for doctors and ease of access to information.
When investing in the development of technology there are indeed relatively large upfront initial costs. However, once the systems are in place, the operational costs are lower relative to the increased productivity. In other words, because the new technology is more efficient you save money. Additionally, the large costs that went into developing and implementing the technology are diffused over time.
- Elimination of overhead costs. "Medical centre Singapore" and "medical clinic Singapore" are common searches made by Singaporeans when they're looking for primary healthcare. What most people don't realize is that these centres result in a higher cost of healthcare for the patients. While the focus of remote consultations is on the patient's ability to save time and money by not traveling to a clinic or hospital, the doctors and therapists that conduct these consultations also benefit from location becoming a non-factor. If the health professionals, like the patients, can do an online consultation from anywhere, they have no need for a traditional brick-and-mortar clinic space. They too can work from home, or wherever they may find themselves. This means that they save a lot of money that would otherwise go towards paying the rent or mortgage on an office.In addition to this, the cost of more mundane items that are required to operate a physical clinic is also taken out of the equation. This includes things like waiting room furnishings (chairs, coffee tables, magazines, beverages, televisions), electricity and heating & cooling costs, the salary of office assistant(s), printer, computer(s), telephone line, electronic medical record requirements, medical equipment. Furthermore, most of these items have to be replaced every few years– so the costs are really quite high over time. It can be hundreds of thousands of dollars a year that the patients have to pay for. When you contact a doctor online, these costs need not exist. So the cost of a consultation can be heavily reduced.
- Ease of access to health information.As healthcare is digitized, continuity of care can be improved tremendously. Currently, because there are many different types of digital record formats, and a lot of records are still kept manually on paper, it is frustratingly difficult and slow to transfer information between healthcare professionals. With a digital health Eco-system, like the one highlighted above, these barriers can be overcome. Privacy is still of the utmost concern (everything we do is HIPAA compliant), so your information is just as secure, if not more secure. However, if the patient gives permission, their information is easily transferable to specialists they've been referred to and other doctors or wellness experts they may come across in their healthcare journey.In addition, as we gather more anonymous data on doctors' diagnoses under different circumstances, we will gain the ability to offer Artificial Intelligence (AI) that can diagnose patients more accurately than any one doctor. This is a long-term goal, and still a ways away. But for every telemedicine consultation that occurs the world is closer to making healthcare more accessible to everyone. Once this technology is further developed, basic healthcare information and decision making essentially become free because the processes are available and there is virtually no cost to providing it. The possibilities are very exciting!
- A digital healthcare platform that connects doctors, patients and specialist providers for online voice and video consultations, online prescription and storing health information.
- Automated billing in-app, allowing for secure direct payment between parties.
- Allows the sharing of laboratory reports and imaging, allowing doctors and patients to review test results together during consultations.
Speak with a doctor online. Why leave home to find a doctor if you don't have to? Can you have a doctor appointment online? Yes, consult a doctor online, right now! When appropriate, the doctor is able to provide you with a signed Medical Certificate (MC) if they believe you need one for work or school reasons.
We're also focusing on increasing access to mental health care. If you're thinking "I need a therapist near me" but don't know where to start, try the RingMD therapist directory. We will help you find the right therapist for YOU!
If you're a doctor or wellness expert considering offering virtual care services, here are some arguments to consider.