Humanistic Therapy is a psychotherapy approach that aims to give an individual a stronger sense of self and a better understanding of their emotions. There are 5 basic principles of humanistic psychology:
- Human beings, as human, supersede the sum of their parts. They cannot be reduced to components.
- Human beings have their existence in a uniquely human context, as well as in a cosmic ecology.
- Human beings are aware and are aware of being aware - i.e., they are conscious. Human consciousness always includes an awareness of oneself in the context of other people.
- Human beings have the ability to make choices and therefore have responsibility.
- Human beings are intentional, aim at goals, are aware that they cause future events, and seek meaning, value, and creativity.
Humanistic therapy will give people a better awareness of themselves and motivate them to make changes to their life. Message our providers to learn more about Humanistic Therapy.